Bottom Line: What is the best place to sell diamonds online?
When you try to determine the “best place to sell diamonds near me,” your best option might be to sell your diamonds online. You might think taking your diamond jewelry to a pawnbroker is a faster way to earn some extra cash. While a pawnbroker may know something about the diamond value, they are in the resale business and therefore are often unable to offer you nearly as much money for your diamonds as a direct buyer like Diamond USA. In fact, a pawnbroker is more than likely to turn around and sell your material to a company like ours. If that is the case, then there is no way they can offer you what we would.
Selling diamonds online offers benefits like the following:
- You can sell your diamonds from the comfort of your home.
- You can search for online diamond buyers to get a larger pool of potential buyers.
- Usually online diamond buyers can make higher offers because they do not have the same costs of running a storefront
- Get paid quickly, especially with us. You can have your money in as little as 24 hours once you accept our offer
- Online diamond buyers like Diamonds USA have streamlined the process to make it easy, simple, and risk-free
- More options to sell because local buyers are far less likely to purchase diamonds with noticeable flaws or less popular cuts
Online buyers like us are not worried about these aspects and will accept all kinds of diamond items.
Diamonds USA presents customers unsurpassed offers for all their diamonds. We pay you an amount of money for your diamonds—and for any silver, gold, or platinum settings—that’s in line with what they are actually worth.
FAQs About Selling Diamonds
HOW IS DIAMOND RESALE VALUE DETERMINED?
The resale value of a particular diamond depends on a variety of factors. To start, the base value for a diamond is largely determined by key characteristics commonly known as “the 4 Cs.”
The 4 Cs of diamonds are:
- Carat: The weight (size) of the diamond
- Clarity: A measure of the stone’s flaws, which bend light and make it appear less clear
- Color: The hue and richness of the stone
- Cut: The shape and faceting of the diamond, which create various visual effects
The value for a diamond depends on its rating in these categories—the higher the rating, the higher the price. A diamond’s resale value may differ from its original value, but a diamond that rates higher on the 4 Cs will still fetch a higher price. In addition, the market sets the price for what stones are worth. Companies will only be willing to pay the same, or less than what they can find your same stone for on the open market. If someone is selling the same stone as you for $1,000, then a buyer wouldn’t likely pay more than that, since they can already purchase that stone for $1,000.
The diamond resale price for things like jewelry is also impacted by the value of the supporting materials. A pawn shop or jeweler must often not only consider the quality of the items, but how much their customers will be willing to pay for it. Certain buyers will be motivated to offer you lower amounts to maximize profit.
Diamonds USA does not focus solely on the resale value of your jewelry or diamonds, we look at the entirety of what your items are worth.
How much can I sell diamonds for?
The amount you can sell your diamond(s) for depends on a number of things, including:
- The type of buyer. Buyers value diamonds differently. A pawn shop might offer a price based on potential resale value, usually lower than the original purchase price. Online buyers, such as Diamonds USA, base their price on the market value of the materials.
- The 4 Cs. The cut, color, clarity, and carat weight of your diamonds will be major factors in how much you’re paid for your diamonds. The better the ratings, the more you’re likely to be offered.
- The current market. Because there is so much variation in quality, market prices for diamonds can only be reported as an average price per carat of weight. This amount serves as a baseline for value, but the final price for a specific diamond may be impacted by the other three Cs: cut, color, and clarity as well as what’s available on the open market.
There are some diamond price estimation tools available online. Keep in mind, these calculators provide general amounts that may not reflect your actual payout. But the best way to find out what you can recoup for a particular diamond item is to request a quote from the buyer.
At Diamonds USA, we work to make you the best offer. We cover the cost of shipping your valuables to us. We’ll appraise your items and get back to you with an offer within 24 hours. We’ll also automatically include the value of any precious metals from the settings, bands, or chains.
WHAT IS THE CURRENT PRICE OF DIAMONDS?
There are so many factors at play beyond just the 4 Cs when trying to figure the current price of a diamond that the best thing to do is to have your diamonds appraised. Diamonds USA appraises every diamond and piece of jewelry sent to us. You can request a free Appraisal Kit for your diamonds, and we’ll have an offer to you within 24 hours of receiving your valuables.
SHOULD I SELL MY DIAMOND RING?
That depends on why you want to sell. If you decide that the personal, sentimental, and emotional value of a piece of jewelry far outweigh its cash value, then you probably do not want to sell.
Perhaps your diamond ring has a broken band, or it was a gift you aren’t fond of. It might be an engagement ring or wedding band from a previous relationship you’re ready to move past.
If your ring is an antique, designer or otherwise unique piece, it might be worth a trip to a jeweler or antiques dealer first. In some cases, the historic, collectible, or artistic value of the ring might be higher than the value of its materials.
You want to get an expert evaluation done first. The average pawn shop employee might not recognize its significance. Expert information will help you choose the right course of action and reap the fairest offer.
WHY SHOULD I SELL DIAMONDS TO DIAMONDS USA?
If you are looking for a trusted online diamonds buyer, Diamonds USA stands out for three main reasons: our know-how, our commitment to your safety, and our speedy service.
- Expertise: Selling diamonds, gold, silver jewelry, or even dental scrap? Our expert team, including professionals certified by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA), will value your items using the latest technology and use the most up-to-date market prices. We’re known for our industry-leading skill and accuracy.
- Safety: Concerned about selling diamonds online? Don’t be. We’re rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau. Plus, we offer free shipping and free insurance up to $5,000 on your items, with the option to add more coverage up to $100,000, but please contact us first.
- Efficiency: We’re not just about good deals; we want your experience to be outstanding. That’s why we offer some of the industry’s fastest appraisal times. Accept our offer, and you’ll get your payment quickly.
ABOUT DIAMONDS USA
Diamonds USA is a prominent online buyer of all diamonds, as well as gold, silver, platinum, and palladium, in the United States. Since 2005, we have paid millions to thousands of customers for their unwanted diamonds or broken precious metal jewelry. We offer a quick and straightforward selling process, ensuring customers receive prompt and competitive offers for their items. Learn more about us, or request your free Appraisal Kit now: