Thanks to their beauty, rarity, and versatility, diamonds are the ultimate symbol of class and refinement. They’re a desirable resource for fashion designers, scientists, and manufacturers alike, and they remain a popular investment commodity. If you have loose diamonds from an investment, inheritance or damaged piece of jewelry, selling them is a great way to recover their value.
WHERE CAN I SELL LOOSE DIAMONDS NEAR ME?
Loose diamonds can be sold to a few different types of buyers. One of the most traditional choices is to sell to a pawn shop, jeweler, or diamantaire (diamond dealer) at a brick-and-mortar store location. In order to make a profit as a retailer, they will pay you a portion of your diamonds’ retail value, and then sell them for a higher price. These types of buyers are often looking for diamonds of good gemstone quality that will be desirable to customers, so they might be pickier about what they will buy.
Another answer to the question “Who buys loose diamonds near me?” is “Online buyers like Diamonds USA.” These buyers are much more flexible than others, as the costs of operating an online business can be significantly lower than running a physical retail store. Online buyers will often purchase stones of any quality and offer the fair market value for your diamond.
WHY SHOULD I SELL DIAMONDS ONLINE?
Pawnbrokers and jewelers may have been a popular way to sell diamond jewelry and loose stones in the past, but their offers often can’t compete with modern online buyers. Selling your loose diamonds online is the best bet for the highest payout and a pain-free experience.
The benefits of selling your loose diamonds online include:
- No travel. Selling loose diamonds online can be done from the comfort of home. There’s no driving to pawn shops and jewelry stores; ship your items for appraisal and wait to receive an offer.
- Higher offers. Because online buyers don’t have the overhead costs of running a store, they can offer better, more competitive prices for diamonds.
- Online buyers don’t have to worry about dealing with store customers or handling other retail concerns, which means more time is devoted to your appraisal. Diamonds USA makes offers within one business day of receipt.
- No quality requirement. Pawn shops and jewelry stores may not be interested in certain diamonds. Online buyers aren’t limited by quality and will typically buy any diamond.
- Faster, easier comparisons. When you don’t have to spend time going between jewelers, pawn shops, and other in-person locations, you can compare the services and benefits of different buyers more easily and efficiently.
WHY ARE DIAMONDS SO VALUABLE?
Because of their gorgeous sparkle and the relative rarity of natural (mined) diamonds, they’ve become a big part of fashion and a symbol of luxury across cultures. The long-standing tradition giving a diamond ring for an engagement is one example of how beloved diamonds are.
Diamonds are also an important resource for a variety of non-gemstone purposes. Certain characteristics, like diamond’s hardness and high heat conductivity, make it ideal for industrial and scientific uses. Things like industrial tools, electronics components, and high-power lasers all rely on diamonds’ unique material properties.
HOW MUCH DO LOOSE DIAMONDS SELL FOR?
The amount of money you’ll be able to get for your loose diamonds depends on a variety of factors. Unlike precious metals which are priced primarily based on weight and purity, the value of a diamond can vary depending upon its quality, shape, appearance, and desirability for a particular purpose. On top of that, the global diamond wholesale market will dictate value.
The only way to determine how much you can get for a particular loose diamond is to have it appraised. At Diamonds USA, our appraisals are done by professionals trained in the process by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA). This ensures the most accurate appraisals and the best possible payouts.
HOW IS THE VALUE OF A LOOSE DIAMOND DETERMINED?
Diamonds are generally evaluated based on their scores in four characteristic categories:
- Carat: The weight of the diamond
- Cut: The way the diamond is faceted
- Clarity: How flawless a diamond is (flaws bend light and make the stone look cloudy)
- Color: The diamond’s hue and richness
These properties, often called “the four Cs,” are a key part to determining a stone’s desirability on the current market. The better a diamond scores in these categories, the higher its value will be. In addition, the market sets the price for what stones are worth. Companies will only be willing to pay the same, or less than what they can find your same stone for on the open market. If someone is selling the same stone as you for $1,000, then a buyer wouldn’t likely pay more than that, since they can already purchase that stone for $1,000.
Shape also plays a factor in market desirability, and it is technically distinct from cut. Diamonds can be cut into a wide variety of shapes with unique appearances. Square, round, oval, marquise, baguette, and other diamond shapes tend to have different uses and market demand.
Other Types of Diamond Value
Some diamonds may have unique traits that give them some collectible, historical, or academic value. This tends to be more common with things like diamond jewelry and trinkets, but some loose stones may still have such value. If you suspect that you have an especially rare stone with a valuable history or makeup, you may want to speak with someone who deals in those kinds of value before selling it for its material cost.
The Value of Natural Diamonds
Even though today’s technology makes it possible to create laboratory diamonds that score high on the 4 Cs, there is still a significant difference in the markets for synthetic and natural diamonds.
Naturally occurring diamonds are a rarity that must be mined from the earth and carefully processed to create a beautiful stone. Although the chemical and crystal structure of a lab diamond is technically the same as a mined one, the rarity, effort, and craftsmanship behind natural diamonds still makes them more desirable on the diamond market.
WHAT IS THE MARKET PRICE FOR DIAMONDS?
A diamond’s 4Cs have to be properly assessed to determine its price. Get your complimentary Appraisal Kit to find out what your diamond is worth:
Get a 10% Bonus Today
"*" indicates required fields
At Diamonds USA, we can help you make sure you get not just a fair price, but the best possible offer. In addition to offering professional second opinions, we also will beat any competitor’s written offer. This is just one of the reasons we’re so well trusted by diamond sellers.
IS MY DIAMOND BIG ENOUGH TO SELL?
Yes! Diamonds are desirable for all kinds of purposes, and you can sell small loose diamonds just the same as large ones. Jewelers and others who sell diamond jewelry may be more interested in large, attractive gemstones for resale purposes, but buyers like Diamonds USA will buy small loose diamonds regardless of size, quality and aesthetic appeal.
WHAT IF MY DIAMOND IS BROKEN OR FLAWED?
Even though a broken or flawed diamond may not be as desirable for jewelry and fashion purposes, it still may have market value for other uses. Even though they aren’t gemstone quality, you can still easily sell scrap diamonds to a buyer for the price of the material. These stones are worth less because they often have to be recut before they’re resold.
At Diamonds USA, we aren’t interested in the fashion or retail value of loose diamonds. As one of the buyers focused on the material trades, we are happy to buy any diamond in any condition. This makes us an ideal choice for those with diamonds they can’t sell anywhere else.
WHY SHOULD I SELL TO DIAMONDS USA?
When searching “Who buys loose diamonds near me?” remember that it’s important to research the options and choose the right buyer. The best way to sell loose diamonds is to sell to Diamonds USA. We make the entire process easy and safe.
Here are a few reasons why we’re the best choice of buyer:
- Exceptional customer service experience.
- Everything can be done online from anywhere in the world, eliminating the effort and cost of travel. This also makes selling diamonds accessible to those who can’t drive, don’t have a car, or otherwise can’t travel easily.
- It’s fast from start to finish. It takes only a few minutes to request a free appraisal kit, and you’ll receive an offer within 24 hours of when we receive your diamonds.
- We pay for shipping and insure your diamonds in case they are damaged or lost. You can also easily track your shipment along the way.
- Our appraisers are certified by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA), which means you’ll get an accurate price for every diamond.
- There’s never any risk or obligation to sell. If you don’t like our offer, we’ll return your diamonds to you for free, no questions asked.
- We guarantee you the best price for your loose diamonds with our Price “Beat” Guarantee — We will beat any competitor’s written offer or return your items to you free of charge.
- We are the leading brand, as confirmed by Top Consumer Reviews.
HOW DO I SELL MY LOOSE DIAMONDS TO DIAMONDS USA?
The process of selling loose diamonds to Diamonds USA is quick and easy. Here’s how it works:
- Fill out the form on our website to request your complimentary FedEx Appraisal Kit. These are the packing materials you’ll use to ship your diamonds to us (at no cost to you!).
- When the shipping materials arrive, place your diamonds inside, seal them up and ship the package to us. Within one business day after we receive your diamond shipment, we’ll present you with our best possible offer.
- If you’re happy with the offer, you’re all set! If you’re not happy with it, let us know and we’ll return your diamonds to you free of charge. Satisfaction is always guaranteed.
Whether you purchased loose diamonds as an investment or are hanging on to stones that became displaced from your jewelry, Diamonds USA can help you get the a fair market value for your diamonds. Contact us today to request a free diamond appraisal kit!