How To Sell Diamonds in New York City
How Much Can I Get for My Diamonds?
The amount of money you can get for your diamond items depends on a number of things, from the weight and quality of the item to the market prices of the materials and the goals of the buyer. You can, however, estimate a base value that can give you an idea of its price range.
The price of a diamond is based on what are known as the “4 C’s.”
- Cut: The shape and faceting of the diamond. Good faceting helps to create that iconic diamond sparkle and flash.
- Color: The hue of the stone, as well as how rich the color is. Rare colors, such as pink or blue, tend to fetch the highest prices.
- Carat: The weight of the stone.
- Clarity: A measure of how flawed the diamond is. Flaws in the crystal structure create a cloudy appearance, while flawless stones are perfectly clear.
Unless you’re selling loose diamonds, the value of any metals and other gemstones used will also be included in your price.
A diamond engagement ring with a large, flawless diamond, 24k gold band and very little wear will naturally be worth more than a set of silver wedding rings with smaller, chipped diamonds. Pieces with broken or damaged items may be rejected by pawn shops and jewelers, but our company will pay you for the value of the materials regardless.
The only way to get a truly accurate estimate of how much you can get is to request an appraisal from a diamond buyer. At Diamonds USA, we do appraisals at no cost, with no obligation.
Why Should I Sell My Diamond Jewelry to Diamonds USA?
Unlike most pawn shops, jewelry stores, and other diamond buying companies, we do not charge any hidden brokerage or appraisal fees. In fact, we cover all costs associated with shipping and insuring your package.
Here’s how our process works:
- Fill out our short online form to request a free appraisal kit. This only takes a couple of minutes and you can simply wait to receive shipping materials in the mail.
- Once your kit arrives, use your free shipping label and packaging to send us your items. Your items are tracked and insured through this process, so there’s no risk.
- When we receive your items, our GIA-certified diamond appraisers will begin their work. Within 24 hours of receipt, we’ll send you our best offer. You can choose to have your check sent in the mail or have the money deposited directly to your PayPal account; either way, your cash will be sent within 24 hours of us receiving your package.
- If for any reason you aren’t satisfied with your compensation, we’ll return your items at no cost to you.
To ensure we remain among the best diamond buyers in New York, our appraisers are all certified by the Gemological Institution of America. We base your payment on highly accurate conclusions about the carat, clarity, color, and cut of your diamonds. We’re also known for our competitive prices.
If you’re looking to cash in on your old, unwanted, or broken diamond jewelry in NYC, sell it to Diamonds USA. The process is simple, secure, and sure to be profitable.
WHAT DIAMONDS DO WE BUY?
You can mail in any item that contains
diamonds. These include wedding bands
set in gold, silver or platinum; items that
contain small diamonds, such as watches,
belt buckles, necklaces or rings; loose
diamonds bought on their own or that
may have come from custom-made